Saturday, March 6, 2010

Goodnaz 5K

Today our church (Goodlettsville Nazarene) had their first 5K race. There were so many people that came out to help and run/walk...it was awesome! The doctor said it was fine for me to continue walking, so I was thrilled to participate! Although, I would have rather been running, it was great to get some exercise! Shanda & I actually got a huge workout...we expected the course to be flat, but it was incredibly hilly! We took the jogging stroller and had to haul 2 toddlers up and down the course...we ended up jogging a decent amount of it, because it was just easier to make it up the hills that way and the stroller naturally flew down the hills, so we had to keep up! : ) I'm sure Baby 2 wasn't sure what was going on, especially on our last hill...it was a doozie! My ankle felt good until the very end...and I'm still paying for it! My muscles were so incredibly sore the next day and we came down with Carter's virus, so Sunday was a rough day for me! (Bummer, I didn't get any pictures of us with the kiddos in the stroller).




Official times:
Matt Baskin- 24:50 (2nd place in age category)
Shannon Baskin- 44:08
Matt Hayes- 29:20 (3rd place in age category)
Shanda Hayes- 44:08
The guys did great and even came home with medals...whoo hoo! : )

No comments: