Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Labor of Love"

Last Saturday, Matt & I attended the first portion of our "Labor of Love" childbirth class. We talked about common discomforts during pregnancy and warning signs, stages of labor, and relaxation techniques. The guys even got to wear the sympathy belly! I knew Matt would get a chance to wear it, so I came prepared with my camera! : ) We go back on Saturday morning for the second portion of the class to discuss pushing positions & techniques, pain medications, types of delivery, etc. I had really started getting nervous about labor, but I feel a little better after our first class. I can't wait for his arrival- I just want to hold him and snuggle with him! : ) Shanda and our friend Shandie from church have both had their babies now- seeing them with their precious babies makes me that much more excited and ready for him to come! : )
His first name is definitely going to be Carter...we even bought the letters to hang over his bed at Joann's last night. We've gotten so used to just calling him "B", it's going to take a while before I start calling him Carter. We've narrowed down the full name to either Carter Matthew or Carter Ryan...we're hoping to decide within the next few days...maybe we'll know after the 3D/4D ultrasound on Saturday afternoon. I've been hoping it would just come to me in a dream or I would all of a sudden have a really strong feeling about one of them, but so far nothing...I still really like both! I'll try to post the pictures this weekend, so everyone can see how much he's changed!

No comments: