Sunday, April 26, 2009

Anniversary Trip

I knew we were going away for the weekend as soon as the 1/2 marathon was over, but I had no clue it would be Chicago!!! Matt has been there many times for work, but it was my first time...and I loved it! Our hotel was on Michigan Avenue (The Magnificent Mile) near lots of shopping. And we did tons of walking...so much for taking it easy after the 1/2! : ) We took hundereds of pictures, so I'll just post a few...



We LOVE Garrett's popcorn! It had moved locations since Matt had last been there, so we searched forever until we found it!!!


Here's some fun pictures from the Lego store. It was so neat and the people that work there just sit around and play with Lego's all day! : )



The Hershey's store was great also! Who doesn't like chocolate! : )




Our favorite place to eat was Portillo's Hot Dogs.


Happy 5-year Anniversary Baby! It has been so wonderful and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you! You are so amazing and I love you sooooo much!!! Thanks for my surprise trip- it was so special!!!



Oh, and here's pictures of Carter and his gifts from Chicago...we brought him back a teddy bear from the Hershey store and a toy airplane. He loves airplanes and Mimi told him all weekend that Mommy and Daddy went to Chicago on an airplane. He would say airplane and his own adorable version of Chicago...it was so sweet! We made sure to take a picture of the plane for him too!


No comments: