Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Update #8

I'm feeling much better this week- still exhausted from last week and this past weekend, but other than being tired I'm feeling great! I added a new photo page from my surprise work shower on October 4th- it was so wonderful…thanks again!!! That day was also Matt's 26th birthday, so I took him to Maggiano's after work and then to the Preds opening game…it was a great game and we had so much fun! Carter really enjoyed it too…he was very active and kept kicking out my right side! : ) Matt thought we needed to get him a souvenir for his first game, so we bought him a little hockey stick to put in his room…it is too cute! : )
My Aunt Lori threw me a wonderful shower on Saturday for family and a few close friends…thank you so much Aunt Lori (and Darlene for all your help), I had such a great time!!! I'll be adding a new photo page soon! We've been able to put away most of our gifts, except for the clothes…they are all over the den! Hopefully I'll get those put away soon…I'm such a neat freak, it has been driving me nuts! I told Matt the other day that I think my brain has started nesting, but my body isn't quite there yet! : ) Matt got the pack-n-play and highchair put together this weekend, and my hospital bag is about halfway packed…so everything is coming right along.
As of today, we only have 39 days left until the due date…I can't believe how quick it has gone and how soon our baby will be here! I'm so emotional and so excited, I can't even put into words how I'm feeling…just thinking about our precious baby makes me tear up…I just can't wait for him to get here!!!! Our next Dr. Appt is this Friday, so we'll see if I've started dilating any…this was about the point that Shanda starting dilating, but as we all know Meredith had her own plans and wasn't coming out any early! : ) My ankles and feet have been swelling more often lately, so I've tried to elevate them more. Also, still having bad back aches and the pain above my stomach is from ligaments stretching- that has continued also. We're hoping to get Carter's letters painted and hung over his bed this weekend…other than waiting on one piece of furniture to be swapped out, that is the only thing left for us to finish in his room. Once again, I had a "blast from the past" craving last night at the grocery store…Rice Krispie Treat cereal…and of course we couldn't find it! Why can't I just crave something that you can find anywhere??? Guess that would be too easy! : )
Oh, check out the updated pictures of Meredith…especially the picture of her in her little pink sunglasses…adorable! : )

No comments: