Friday, April 30, 2010

3 hour glucose test

I had to go in for my 3 hour glucose test today...they make you take the 3 hour test if your glucose level is 140 or higher and mine was 142. They had me take my test back in the lab, so I couldn't get Mimi to take any pictures! Thankfully they had the fruit punch flavor, so it didn't taste too horrible, I just felt weird afterwards...really weak. I was so thirsty, I drank it in about a minute- they said they didn't think they had ever had anyone drink it so fast! Here I am afterwards- I survived! They messed up on my paperwork and it ended up taking 4 hours before I was finished- I was so exhausted and starving since I wasn't able to have anything to eat or drink after midnight last night. I felt so icky by the time I got home! Hopefully, I'll get good results, but just in case I've already started modifying my diet...Shanda is letting me use her food journal and has had some great suggestions.

No comments: